News & Event
The Conference for the pastors & spouses, lay leaders, and youths/young adults for 2014 will be hosted by the BCANA member, Calvary Burmese Church located in Washington DC. The conference will be held from the evening of Thursday, July 17 to the afternoon of Sunday, July 20, 2014. Following are the flyers and the registration form both in Word and PDF format for dissemination at your church.
We earnestly hope that you and your church members plan to attend this year’s annual gathering to recharge and refresh ourselves with the words of God and Christian fellowship based on the theme “The Kingdom of God is Within You” Luke 17: 21. The detailed program will be announce out soon
Please do not hesitate to contact Mr. Larry Chow, secretary of BCANA should you have any question.
BCANA (Burmese Christian Association of North America) is preparing to host its, Biennial Meeting and Adorinam Judson’s Bicentenniel Celebration on July 11 – 14, 2013 in Boston, Massachusette. The Biennial Meeting will be held at Overseas Burmese Christian Fellowship on July 11 (Thursday) through July 13 (Saturday), and Adorinam Judson’s Bicentenniel Celebration will be held on July 14 (Sunday) at First Baptist Church of Newton. Several Christian leaders from Burma are invited to the celebration, such as Rev. Dr. Yan Kho Pau (General Secretary, MBC), Dr. Anna May Saypha, Dr. Hlaing Bwa, Rev. Sai Tun Kyaw, and general secretary of the CBC (Chin Baptist Convention). Detail information can be seen in the flyer below. (Please click the flyer to enlarge)
By the wonderful grace of God, BCANA has successfully and joyfully held the 2013 Biennial Business Meeting and the Judson’s Bicentennial Celebration at the Oversea Burmese Christian Fellowship and the First Baptist Church of Newton respectively. These two events were held from July 11 to July 14, 2013. It was a great time of fellowship, learning God’s word, as well as meditating on the legacy of Adoniram Judson. Above all, we were glorifying the Lord with all our hearts and souls. The gathering and celebration was truly a memorable one and will stay in our minds for many more years to come.
We would not have convened and celebrated the events had it not been for our gracious and dedicated host led by the pastor Rev. Dr. Maung Maung Htwe of OFBC Massachusetts. Every logistical supports like foods, meeting rooms, sound systems, and local transportations, etc… had been provided and arranged without any hitch.
We had 187 registered attendees for the Biennial Meeting including the representatives from the Myanmar Baptist Convention and the Myanmar Council of Churches led by the general Secretary, Rev. Dr. Yam Kho Pau. In addition to the nourishing bible studies and presentations, we have welcomed and accepted two new members, First Burma Christ Church of St. Paul, Minnesota and Burmese Fellowship of First Baptist Church, Battle Creek, Michigan. With the two new additions, the membership of BCANA has grown to 16 Burmese speaking churches since its inception. Hallelujah!
The Judson’s Bicentennial Celebration service was held at the First Baptist Church, Newton, MA. The Rev. Dr. Yam Kho Pau, General Secretary of the Myanmar Baptist Convention, was the keynote speaker delivering a sermon based on the theme “Thy Will Be Done.” Also, the invited honored guests, the Rev. A. Roy Medley, general secretary of the American Baptist Churches of USA, and the Rev. Anthony Pappas, Executive Minister of the ABC Massachusetts were on hand to give greetings at the celebration service. We had a combined BCANA chorus singing “Myit-ta Yin Gwin” plus the MBC New York choir and its two very talented individuals play and sang the song honoring Dr. Judson’s mission works in Myanmar two centuries ago. The songs and a sermon have been uploaded to the “Youtube”, and here’re the links should you like to listen and meditate:
• Combined BCANA Chorus: 130714 BCANA Combined Choir – Adoniram Judson Bicentennial
• New York Myanmar Baptist Church Choir: 130714 MBC Choir – Adoniram Judson Bicentennial
• Dedicational Song: 130714 Song by Natha, Faith, and Sato – Adoniram Judson Bicentennial
• Sermon by Rev. Dr. Yam Kho Pau: 130714 Sermon Rev. Dr. Yam Kho Pau – Adoniram Judson Bicentennial
Now that the 2013 Celebration is over, we are gearing up to hold the 2014 BCANA’s retreat from July 18 to July 21, 2014, at the Calvary Burmese Church in our nation’s capital, Washington DC.
New Officers and EC Members elected for 2013 – 2015
• President: Rev. Min Than Oo
• Vice President: Rev. Biak Hlei Mang
• Executive Director: Rev. Samuel Saw
• Associate Director: William Min Sein
• Secretary: Lawrence Chow
• Joint Secretary: Rev. Dr. Maung Maung Htwe
• Treasurer: Sandar Shwe
• Joint Treasurer: Wai Austin
• Enlarge Member: Rev. Dr. Yishey Latt
• Enlarge Member: Rev. Dr. Lone Wah Lazum
• Enlarge Member: Rev. Henry Chan
• Enlarge Member: Rev. U Myo Maw
• Enlarge Member: Rev. Dr. Thong Ko Lung
• Enlarge Member (Co-opt): Thawng Khancin Tunngo (Thawngno)
What is BCANA?
BCANA stands for “Burmese Christian Association of North America” which comprises of twelve member churches across United States of America and Canada. It is an interdenominational and nonprofit religious organization with the purpose of building the Kingdom of God in North America and beyond. Here are current member churches of the association:
- First Burmese Baptist Church of San Francisco
- Burmese Christian Community Church of Silicon Valley
- Oakland Burmese Mission Baptist Church
- Adoniram Judson Memorial Baptist Church of LA
- Burmese Christian Fellowship Church of LA
- Kachin Baptist Church of Los Angeles
- Myanmar Baptist Church of New York
- Calvary Baptist Church , Washington DC
- Oversea Burmese Christian Fellowship of Massachusetts
- Oregon Myanmar Christian Church
- Vancouver Myanmar Baptist Fellowship
- Myanmar Christian Church of Metro Chicago
- City bible Church Burmese Fellowship (more…)
Hello Sayas, Sayamas, and Lay Leaders,
The attached file is the finalized program for the three sessions. Let me know if you have question or correction. Saya Maw San Awng, Youth Minister for the English speaking youths of Burmese Christian Fellowship Church, is filling-in for Dr. Mang on the Saturday, July 21 morning devotion. (more…)
ဆရာ လတ္ေရရွဲ ၏ တရားေဒသနာ “သခင္အလိုရွိသည္”