By the wonderful grace of God, BCANA has successfully and joyfully held the 2013 Biennial Business Meeting and the Judson’s Bicentennial Celebration at the Oversea Burmese Christian Fellowship and the First Baptist Church of Newton respectively. These two events were held from July 11 to July 14, 2013. It was a great time of fellowship, learning God’s word, as well as meditating on the legacy of Adoniram Judson. Above all, we were glorifying the Lord with all our hearts and souls. The gathering and celebration was truly a memorable one and will stay in our minds for many more years to come.
We would not have convened and celebrated the events had it not been for our gracious and dedicated host led by the pastor Rev. Dr. Maung Maung Htwe of OFBC Massachusetts. Every logistical supports like foods, meeting rooms, sound systems, and local transportations, etc… had been provided and arranged without any hitch.
We had 187 registered attendees for the Biennial Meeting including the representatives from the Myanmar Baptist Convention and the Myanmar Council of Churches led by the general Secretary, Rev. Dr. Yam Kho Pau. In addition to the nourishing bible studies and presentations, we have welcomed and accepted two new members, First Burma Christ Church of St. Paul, Minnesota and Burmese Fellowship of First Baptist Church, Battle Creek, Michigan. With the two new additions, the membership of BCANA has grown to 16 Burmese speaking churches since its inception. Hallelujah!
The Judson’s Bicentennial Celebration service was held at the First Baptist Church, Newton, MA. The Rev. Dr. Yam Kho Pau, General Secretary of the Myanmar Baptist Convention, was the keynote speaker delivering a sermon based on the theme “Thy Will Be Done.” Also, the invited honored guests, the Rev. A. Roy Medley, general secretary of the American Baptist Churches of USA, and the Rev. Anthony Pappas, Executive Minister of the ABC Massachusetts were on hand to give greetings at the celebration service. We had a combined BCANA chorus singing “Myit-ta Yin Gwin” plus the MBC New York choir and its two very talented individuals play and sang the song honoring Dr. Judson’s mission works in Myanmar two centuries ago. The songs and a sermon have been uploaded to the “Youtube”, and here’re the links should you like to listen and meditate:
• Combined BCANA Chorus: 130714 BCANA Combined Choir – Adoniram Judson Bicentennial
• New York Myanmar Baptist Church Choir: 130714 MBC Choir – Adoniram Judson Bicentennial
• Dedicational Song: 130714 Song by Natha, Faith, and Sato – Adoniram Judson Bicentennial
• Sermon by Rev. Dr. Yam Kho Pau: 130714 Sermon Rev. Dr. Yam Kho Pau – Adoniram Judson Bicentennial
Now that the 2013 Celebration is over, we are gearing up to hold the 2014 BCANA’s retreat from July 18 to July 21, 2014, at the Calvary Burmese Church in our nation’s capital, Washington DC.
New Officers and EC Members elected for 2013 – 2015
• President: Rev. Min Than Oo
• Vice President: Rev. Biak Hlei Mang
• Executive Director: Rev. Samuel Saw
• Associate Director: William Min Sein
• Secretary: Lawrence Chow
• Joint Secretary: Rev. Dr. Maung Maung Htwe
• Treasurer: Sandar Shwe
• Joint Treasurer: Wai Austin
• Enlarge Member: Rev. Dr. Yishey Latt
• Enlarge Member: Rev. Dr. Lone Wah Lazum
• Enlarge Member: Rev. Henry Chan
• Enlarge Member: Rev. U Myo Maw
• Enlarge Member: Rev. Dr. Thong Ko Lung
• Enlarge Member (Co-opt): Thawng Khancin Tunngo (Thawngno)